Header

19.11.14

Week 2

HI!

Okay where do I even start?

Okay I love my district! I am going to be so sad to leave them! They are all so much fun! We always spend gym time together and normally play knockout which is tons of fun! We only have 4 hermanas in our district, and we all get along so well! My companion & I also get along really really well. 
^^Jamie & Hermana Everett (companion)^^

Food! I have started eating chicken! I still wont touch the beef, but I am trying to eat the chicken! The food here is really really good. I think I am addicted to Nutella. Every breakfast and dinner they have a table with like 5 cartons of nutella, and my companion and I always eat a banana with Nutella and nutella toast haha. That is like what we look forward to all day! And then last night after dinner, I realized I had nutella under my fingernails! the hermanas in my district and I were dying laughing!!!

Okay a funny story. So yesterday, my district all went to the tienda during lunch, and we learned that Elder Sommer always puts his water bottle upside down when he is walking anywhere, so he makes a trail of water on the ground. So last night after the devotional, the hermanas in our district were walking back to our classroom together, and one hermana says: oh my gosh, someone else does what Elder Sommer does (because she saw a water trail on the ground) and then, wait! no one else does that! It´s Elder Sommer! Ha so we are all dying laughing and are running to follow the trail. Then we couldn´t see it anymore because it was too dark, so we just chose a way to go! Then another hermana sees the trail and we start running to follow it again, and just like 100 feet up, we see the elders up there! We were DYING laughing. So we told Elder Sommer that his trail actually works ha! We followed them to it! Maybe that is not as funny to you, but it was really really funny. 
^^Jamie's street^^

^^Jamie's house^^

One of my favorite scriptures of the week was in 1 kings 19:11-12. I just love that it shows that the voice of the Lord comes in a still, small voice. It really made me think about making sure I am taking time to just think and being able to feel the Spirit. I actually love not having a phone here, because I am not wasting every second of my day looking at instagram or reading sportstacular. But another one of my favorite verses that we went over with the district was Alma 24:19 ( I think). I can´t even imagine how much trust and faith in the Lord it took the Anti Nephi Lehis to stay kneeling to the ground when they saw their brothers and sisters and parents being slain by the Lamanites. We talked about making sure we bury our weapons (like disobedience or selfishness or whatever it may be) and don´t dig them back up during our mission. I just love the Book of Mormon so much! I can´t believe I never realized how awesome it is before I left! Every verse is awesome. Every chapter is awesome. I read Mosiah 2 this week, and that is such a great chapter. I love how it talks about being so grateful to the Lord for everything we have! And also Alma rocks. I read Alma 36 (I think?) when alma tells his conversion story to Helaman and Enos is just awesome! I tell my companion like every time we open the book of mormon how much I love it, and I think she is probably sick of me saying that by now! But I honestly just love it SO SO SO much! It is the best book. Studying the scriptures every day is literally the best thing ever!

Okay so last wednesday, my comp and I taught Brenda, and she agreed to be baptized! Even though I knew it was fake and she wasn´t really an investigator, it made me so happy! But we found out the next day that she is actually our nighttime teacher! So now we have class in the morning and at night and 2 new investigators (our morning teacher and our night teacher). It´s awesome because we can get feedback right after. We have taught only once, but it went really well! Our spanish is getting a lot better! My comp and I are really trying to focus on speaking spanish a lot. 

Okay so for our Sunday devotional, we watched one by Elder Bednar that he gave on Christmas day at Provo. He talked about turning outward like Christ always turned outward. It was so good! After I watched it, I was just like a little stressed thinking of how much better I need to be! He shared a lot of stories in the Bible about Christ always turning outward even when he was going through so much tribulation. Like in the Garden of Gethsemane when Peter smote off the ear of one of the guards and even though he had just suffered through the atonement, he turned outward and healed the guard. and after fasting for 40 days when the devil had just finished tempting him and he found out that john was in prison, he sent angels to minister to john instead of having them minister to him. Those are two examples he gave us and he told us to look for more to try to find the character of Christ. He shared a great quote by Neal A. Maxwell: there would have been no atoning sacrifice without the character of christ. It was just seriously such a cool devotional. Also, he promised us that if we are converted to the Lord we will never fall away. he said that with a testimony you can fall away, but with a deep conversion, we will never leave the church. I thought that was so awesome. So now I need to work on becoming completely converted to the Lord! and we become converted by being like Christ and turning outward rather than inward! 

The weeks are going by so fast here! I can´t believe it has already been a week since the last p-day! We are technically halfway through our third week now, so we will be halfway done on Sunday! We are actually only here for 5 and a half weeks because even though we got here on a Wednesay, Wednesday to that Sunday counts as the first week! I will miss the CCM a lot when I go out! But I can´t wait to get to Pittsburgh and share the gospel with the people there! I´m trying to figure out if there is anything else I want to add! I honestly love it here so much and my testimony has grown leaps and bounds. I am so glad I came out here. P days are so fun! We basically spend all day playing sports. We do volleyball for a few hours in the morning with the zone and then we are going to go play knockout after we are all done emailing!

^^Jamie's Zone^^

^^where they play volleyball & other sports^^

There are 3 Hermanas here going to Pittsburgh. no Elders that I know of so far. So just three of us going but we are so excited! The 4 elders in my district are going to Lubbock Texas, and one Hermana is going to Fort Worth, and the other is going to Ft Lauderdale Florida. And I think I told you guys that my companion is going with me to Pittsburgh!

We also had a devotional last night, and it was pretty good. It was another area 70. He talked about treating the members like investigators. Pray for ways to help the members, pray for ways to show them you love them, and make sure you try to bring the spirit in their home just like you would try to bring the spirit into the investigators´ homes. He also asked us how we view Christ when we think of him and told us that that is how we want everyone we deal with to view us. I just thought it was a good reminder that members need help sometimes just like investigators. Just because they are members doesn´t mean that they aren´t having troubles, and they might be struggling in the gospel. Also his wife talked about how blessed we are to be able to wear Christ´s name right above our heart. I am just so excited that I get to be a missionary! Gosh I just love it so much! Thank you for encouraging me to go mom and dad because so far, it is definitely the best experience of my life!

Well I think that is all i have! I´m trying to give you guys lots of details. I´ve never once regretted my decision to come since I have been here! I love it so much. I can´'t even describe the Spirit here, and I can´t even describe how much my testimony the gospel and especially Christ and Book of Mormon has grown. I just love it here so much. I love all the missionaries. It´s going to be weird going to the field and not being around missionaries all the time! I´ll miss it because I honestly love spending time with all these missionaries! They just all have the Spirit with them and you can tell there is something special about all of them.

Okay well I love you all a ton! And I miss all of you guys! 

Hermana Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment